Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Going the IUI Route?
KLC1018 posted:
Hi, I posted on here a couple of months ago and then kind of disappeared. But now I'm back and we have moved on to something new. I tried 4 rounds of Clomid at 50mg and all it did was make my period 2-3 days late, giving me lots of false hope. And then the cramps that came along with it were horrible. So, last night, we had our first meeting with a fertility doctor. She said that since all of our test results came out fine, that we should try IUI. My husband is a little hesitant b/c she told us that I would have to do injections of FSH for 8 days. I'm not thrilled with the idea either, but willing to give it a try. So, I think we will be trying it next month. I just wanted to get some opinions on what people thought of this method who have tried it before. Today, I actually feel a little hopeful and cautiously optimistic for the first time in a long time. Maybe it will work for us. Thanks for reading.
Kerri

codysu responded:
Hi Kerri, I have done 3 IUI's, but with Clomid instead of injectibles. I did, however, do IVF last year, and had to give myself up to 3 shots a day, so I know what that is like. It really isn't as bad as you would think. I'm not sure how big the needles are for your FSH, but mine were pretty small. Even the last shot I had to do was quite large and freaked me out a bit, but the nurse told me to ice the area before giving the shot, and I barely felt it (DH had to give me that shot). So, you can definitely do it! I hope the IUI is successful for you. So far, we have not had any luck. But I have seen a lot of ladies on here get pg with IUI. Good luck!

phreakylibra responded:
Hi, Kerri!

I just had my second IUI 8 days ago (fingers crossed I will get a BFP this month!). With both I took 7.5 mg Femara and a trigger shot the day before the IUI. My dr feels like an IUI gives us a better shot at getting pregnant than trying on our own. Plus, my dr said that I seem to respond well to Femara so no reason to just ahead to injections. IUIs are cheaper than IVF, so if all of your tests have come out normal, I think trying an IUI is a great idea. :)

Good luck!

Amy

CGrubbzTTC replied to phreakylibra's response:
I'm also doing an IUI this month!...It's our first one!

Were doing the Clomid Route as well and the doc is starting me on 100mg x5days and then an HCG Trigger shot followed by progesterone...We'll see if it works

Good Luck!
Catie
Catie(24), Dan(26), TTC since 3/2008~~~First IUI in May!

Koolie1978 replied to CGrubbzTTC's response:
I'm also starting my first round of clomid in a couple days then will use the trigger shot then IUI. It looks like I'll be using Clomid May 8th thru May 12th, the trigger shot should be somewhere around the 18th (based on ultrasound results) then IUI on 19th or 20th. I'm so excited. DH and I passed ALL of the tests with flying colors so I'm hoping these three will be the trick.

FrenchBulldogMom replied to phreakylibra's response:
My RE had a coupon card for a free 30 pills of Femara. I was so glad because it would have been over $600 and I wouldn't have been able to afford it. This IUI cycle I had 4 good folicles, so it did its job without any of the nasty side effects.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (28), DH (37), DD (9) and SD (9), TTC one of our own together since 5/06. Diagnosed w/ PCOS and Annovulation in Oct '03. 10+ cycles w/ clomid. ...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.