Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ovidrel
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
I just got a shot of Ovidrel last night and I was wondering what kind of experiences you guys have had with this trigger shot.

I iced my leg before the injection and a friend gave it to me so it was 100% painless. I go for my IUI tomorrow morning so hopefully the shot will work for us.

BethAnn88 responded:
I took the Ovidrel shot with my IUI. At first I was freaked out about the thought of giving myself a shot since I'd never done it before (and I'm not a big fan of needles!). But it turned out to be no big deal. I was instructed to inject it in my stomach, so I also iced the area beforehand to numb it a little. DH injected it for me. But the needle was so small, I barely even felt a prick. Very easy and I did all that worrying over nothing!

I hope your IUI went well and that the 2ww goes by quickly for you! Best of luck!
Me(29) DH(31) TTC since 1/09. M/C 5/09 @ 10wks. Started seeing RE 12/10 and dx'd w/ mild endo. 1st IUI 4/11=BFN

FrenchBulldogMom replied to BethAnn88's response:
Thank you. I did ice my leg before my friend gave me the shot. My DH was at work, so he couldn't give it to me. I didn't even feel a thing. The IUI went ok, but the 2ww is going to stress me out.

phreakylibra responded:
HI!
I've given this shot to myself twice without icing the area and it's been painless both times. I had my 2nd IUI 2 weeks ago and could take a test today. I went NUTS last month after my first IUI. I took 4 HPTs and then went to the dr for a blood test because AF was 2 days late and got 4 BFNs. I'm going to wait a few more days before testing this month. And actually I've been trying not to think about it or get stressed out about it. No sense in getting myself all worked up over something I can't control. :)

Is this your first IUI? Hope it went well and that you get your BFP!!!! :)

FrenchBulldogMom replied to phreakylibra's response:
Yes, this was my first IUI. Thanks for the support; it's important that we know that going through these procedures we're not alone.

I think that if I get a BFN, I'm going to try taking Mucinex after the Femara next cycle and see if that helps any.

I've just been trying to stop obsessing and just live my life as normally as possible lately.

phreakylibra replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
I took Femara too. What is taking Mucinex afterward supposed to do?

FrenchBulldogMom replied to phreakylibra's response:
Taking mucinex after the femara for a few days is supposed to thin the cervical mucus, making it easier for the sperm to survive and move around. I'm going to ask my doctor about it on my next visit.

phreakylibra replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Let me know what your dr says, please! :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Rebecca, but everyone calls me Becca. I am 23 years old living in SC but orignally from the Bay Area of CA. I've been with my husband M...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.