Skip to content
Update
ARWLUVSBJ posted:
Hey everyone, just wanted give an update! Well I had finally had AF on my own and was on my way to start all the fertility meds!! Great news right, well I thought so too! So I went today to get my Day 3 Ultrasound and they found a big cyst on my right ovary and said that I can not start any meds this cycle.! I cried the whole way home because of being scared and sad that I don't get to start the meds and possibly starting my family finally!! :-( The nurse is going to call today and let me know what the doctor says about this. The ultrasound tech said that he might put me on birth control pills!!?? I have heard of this before but what will this do for a cyst? Also is this a very bad thing?? Or is just something that happens when you are diagnosed with PCOS? They have never seen a cyst on either one of my ovaries ever so I am just really scared and curious! Any thoughts??

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hey, I'm sorry to hear about the bad news on the heels of the good news. Hopefully one of the other ladies will be able to share their story with you and give you more support.

Let us know what the doctor says,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~ Roseanne Barr

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I had to go on birth control for 3 months and have surgery to remove 4 uterine polyps before I could start any fertility procedures/meds.
My doctor said that I have "mild PCOS" and prescribed Metformin XR 750 twice daily.
I was thrilled to finally go to a RE and have the blood tests, HSG, and hsyteroscapy/D&C done. That way, I know that I'm correcting any issues that will prevent us from getting pregnant.

ARWLUVSBJ responded:
Well the nurse had called me and asked me if I wanted to take birth control pills or just wait for my next cycle. The way my cycles are (every three months) I told her yea give me the birth control pills. At least this will give me a cycle for next month and we can try again!! I also asked her about the cyst and she said that is normal that everyone goes through the same thing. So I really hope that the BC pills make me have my cycle next month and then the day 3 ultrasound will be clear and I will be able to start the meds!!! Oh please OH PLEASE!! :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello Everyone, Here is a little of my story. I am 25 and have been married to my husband who is 36, for over a year now. We have no children toget...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.