Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to conceive with no luck. Whats the first step to Medical treatment?
WF2BM posted:
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 6 months with no luck. I have very irregular periods(about 3 a year). We want to seek medical help but we don't know where to start.

SammyK88 responded:
Hi!
How irregular are your periods?Are they like a no show one month then they'll come another?Cause mine are irregular too.. sometimes they come after 28 days sometimes 35.. my dr said that is normal aslong as you have a period!
I have been trying to conceive for a year now..its really hard on you sometimes.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
First step is usually to see your regular gynocologist and see what he/she says. Then, they will usually refer you to a reproductive endocrinologist (RE), who can do the necesarry tests and procedures.

My RE did tons of blood tests and an HSG , which checks to see if your fallopian tubes are clear or blocked. He also found out that I have :
1) borderline insulin
2) low iron
3) 4 uterine polyps and a very thick lining
4) I do not usually ovulate.

I had to have surgery to remove the polyps and even though they weren't cancerous, he said that over time they might have turned into that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi ya'll! I'm Tanishia from South Louisiana. I have one daughter Lilya Jo born on Dec.2, 2006 from a previous relationship. My husband Bra...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.