Skip to content
Trying to conceive with no luck. Whats the first step to Medical treatment?
WF2BM posted:
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 6 months with no luck. I have very irregular periods(about 3 a year). We want to seek medical help but we don't know where to start.
SammyK88 responded:
How irregular are your periods?Are they like a no show one month then they'll come another?Cause mine are irregular too.. sometimes they come after 28 days sometimes 35.. my dr said that is normal aslong as you have a period!
I have been trying to conceive for a year now..its really hard on you sometimes.
FrenchBulldogMom responded:
First step is usually to see your regular gynocologist and see what he/she says. Then, they will usually refer you to a reproductive endocrinologist (RE), who can do the necesarry tests and procedures.

My RE did tons of blood tests and an HSG , which checks to see if your fallopian tubes are clear or blocked. He also found out that I have :
1) borderline insulin
2) low iron
3) 4 uterine polyps and a very thick lining
4) I do not usually ovulate.

I had to have surgery to remove the polyps and even though they weren't cancerous, he said that over time they might have turned into that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28, DH is 31. We went off BC in April 2010 and have been actively TTC ever since. I started out using OPKs, and began charting in December 2010 a...More

Helpful Tips

Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.