Skip to content
Movin' on up....
canwedothis posted:
I've done many cycles on Femara and always ovulated, but this last time it didn't even get me that far. My RE suggested moving on to injectables and I just got the prior approval from my insurance! Started my 10 day round of Prometrium to jump start this cycle then will start the shots on day 3. I'm not sure whether they are going with Follistim or Bravelle. Does any one know anything about combining the shots with the Femara? Due to pharmacy error I have some Femara on hand and was wondering about using both medications. Also any side effects or other experience/knowledge about the injectables would be appreciated. Thank you!

bxbeauty77 responded:
I would like to know what is tamara?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Canwedothis--Good luck with the injectables! Please talk to your doctor before combining medications. It could be very unsafe if your doctor hasn't prescribed them for use together.

Bxbeauty77--For information on Fertility Drugs , you can check out this article.

Good luck to you both!

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~ Roseanne Barr

Amanda8109 responded:
canwedothis: I also tried Femara (with no success) but before we started that, my RE asked if we wanted to take a more aggressive approach with combining the Femara with the Follistim. At that time we didn't think we would have to do injectables and decided not to. Turns out I am very resistant to injectables also and I did stim shots for about 4 weeks before I was ready to trigger to O. I would definitely talk to your Dr because I know there are some that recommend it. Also, Femara is WAY cheaper than Follistim so I suggest trying a combo so you do not have to do as much Follistim. I paid $35 for my prescription for Femara and ONE vial of Follistim AQ 600 cartridge is $1,000 (with my insurance, our co-pay was only $100 so we were saved by God!)

Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes! :) Baby Vibes!

canwedothis replied to Amanda8109's response:
After a visit to my doctor I have ended up combining Femara and Follistim for this cycle. I took my usual 5 days of Femara and started my shots last Friday. I love my insurance, my co-pay per cartridge is only $40 (I pay the same for the Femara). They have me on a low dose of the Follistim and I went back yesterday for a scan. She measured 2 follicles (I'm assuming they looked like the front runners) and said my lining was looking good. I'll keep doing the shots through Wednesday night and go back for another scan on Thursday. Hopefully they'll tell me I'm ready to trigger and then head home and BD like crazy :). I'm trying not to be to hopeful but I feel pretty good about this cycle. Thanks to everyone for your advice and support! Best of luck to you too Amanda!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

We had been TTC since before we got married in 2004 (we wanted to get a head start, as we knew it could take a while). We've had 3 pregnancies. Th...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.