Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just had IUI this morning, 2WW begins!
Koolie1978 posted:
The hubby and I just had our IUI this morning after using Clomid (50 mg) for 5 days then the trigger shot. His 'contribution' was really high with a concentration of about 8 million friends and the doctor says at least 3 million is the standard. We're concerned because our day 12 ultrasound only showed one mature egg and we were expecting at least two or three. We talked about increasing the clomid dosage for the next round (if need be) however the ultrasound also showed that the clomid was thinning out the lining in the uterus. We may need to look into an alternative for the clomid. Anyone else starting their two week wait??

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Ask your doctor about Femara. It has a generic (letrozole). My RE put me on it and we've done one IUI. He had a card from the drug company that gave me 30 pills free, which was a $600 savings. If I take the generic, it will cost me $10 on my insurance.

Although we didn't get BFP this month, I had 4 follicles. I'm starting it again on Sunday and I'll go in for my u/s on the 31st. Then we'll do another IUI.

Good luck!
Age: 35, DH age:35 TTC 1 1/2 years, HSG/Ultrasound Nov '10 showed uterine polyps, surgery Feb '11 polyp removal/D

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Koolie1978, congratulations on your IUI and your DH's good sperm count. You only need one good egg, and I sure hope you get a BFP at the end of your 2ww.

You can find more folks on their 2ww on Infertility Treatment community, and the TTC Community , too.

Give us an update!

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~ Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I never thought I would be here, it all seems to surreal! Is this really true? We have been trying to have a baby for two years. We saw a OBGYN i...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.