Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Just had IUI this morning, 2WW begins!
    Koolie1978 posted:
    The hubby and I just had our IUI this morning after using Clomid (50 mg) for 5 days then the trigger shot. His 'contribution' was really high with a concentration of about 8 million friends and the doctor says at least 3 million is the standard. We're concerned because our day 12 ultrasound only showed one mature egg and we were expecting at least two or three. We talked about increasing the clomid dosage for the next round (if need be) however the ultrasound also showed that the clomid was thinning out the lining in the uterus. We may need to look into an alternative for the clomid. Anyone else starting their two week wait??

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
    Ask your doctor about Femara. It has a generic (letrozole). My RE put me on it and we've done one IUI. He had a card from the drug company that gave me 30 pills free, which was a $600 savings. If I take the generic, it will cost me $10 on my insurance.

Although we didn't get BFP this month, I had 4 follicles. I'm starting it again on Sunday and I'll go in for my u/s on the 31st. Then we'll do another IUI.

Good luck!
    Age: 35, DH age:35 TTC 1 1/2 years, HSG/Ultrasound Nov '10 showed uterine polyps, surgery Feb '11 polyp removal/D

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Koolie1978, congratulations on your IUI and your DH's good sperm count. You only need one good egg, and I sure hope you get a BFP at the end of your 2ww.

You can find more folks on their 2ww on Infertility Treatment community, and the TTC Community , too.

Give us an update!

Byroney
    I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~ Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate and I have been married to my husband for over a year now. We have been TTC since 8/09. I was diagnosed with PCOS on 12/29/09. I met w...More

Helpful Tips

Three Chinese food therapies for hydrosalpinx patients
    Chinese food therapy (also known as dietary therapy and nutrition therapy) is not only effective in health maintenance, but also ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.