Skip to content
Ugh! I feel gross! What meds are you guys taking and what symptoms do you have?
Koolie1978 posted:
Hi Ladies,

I took clomid May 3rd thru May 7th, then ovidrel on May 18th then finally an IUI on May 20th. I feel gross! I feel so bloated in my belly. I felt this before the IUI so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the potential pregnancy. Sometimes I'm nauseas and crampy. This sucks! I hate not feeling like myself and I'm being cranky with DH because this sucks for me all around and all he had to do was whiz into a cup.

Again, I'm pretty sure these aren't due to early pregnancy. The bloating started with clomid and has just gotten worse. The nausea started with the trigger shot and just stuck around. Also have headaches. I have 10 days left in my 2ww and not only am I stressing about AF showing up, I'm actually more concerned because if this doesn't work, I'm just going to have to take these crappy meds all over again. Anyone else feel like complaining?

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I had an IUI last month with BFN. I took Femara 2.5 mg and Ovidrel. This month, I'm taking 5 mg for 5 days, which is making me as puffy as the Pilsbury Dough Boy... I did feel my follicles growing yesterday. (LOL!) Actually it was like mini cramps, but I like to think that it's them growing.

My doctor chose Femara instead of Clomid because there are fewer side effects. Even on a stronger dose, I haven't had any hot flashes- and it's generic now!!!

After the IUI last month I was sooo tired and nauseated, which was probably due to the higher levels of progesterone. Since I've been taking my meds this month starting on Sunday, I've been so tired, I can hardly get out of bed and get to work. I'm going to do this IUI and possibly one more, but after that I'm done. I'll move on to IVF because of the higher success rates.
Age: 35, DH age:35 TTC 1 1/2 years, HSG/Ultrasound Nov '10 showed uterine polyps, surgery Feb '11 polyp removal/D

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 and my DH is 43 and we have been ttc for 2 years!! I had a tubal reveral in 2008 and ttc the old fashion way for almost 2 years but was unsucc...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.