Skip to content
Here we go again
Heatmess posted:
It's been 14 months since my husband and I started trying to have a baby. I can count 14 people we know that have been successful, some of them have the 3 month old babies to prove it. Every time I hear about a new pregnancy I can't control the tears. It just seems so unfair. I had to stop trying for a few months, it was getting to depressing every month. We decided to start trying again this month and I'm a little nervous for the let down. I've been tracking my temp. and keeping a period calender so I'm hoping for the best. I have an appointment at the end of summer to discuss infertility issues with my doctor, but I want to give it a few more chances on our own. Just nervous but hopeful...

Crys281983 responded:
I understand your frustration! My husband and I have been trying for about a year now. I just had my annual GYN appointment and had an emotional breakdown in her office! The smallest things trigger that emotion. It's something that we really want, and just get let down every month! I recently had a friend call me up and tell me that she was pregnant, I really didn't even want to say Congratulations...I know, that's horrible! I had to call her back and apologize for my lack of excitement. Next month will be 18 months of being off the pill, and 12 months of trying. When I had my doctors appointment, we decided that next month we are going to check my husbands sperm count and then I'm going to have and HSG to make sure my tubes are open. If those come back okay, then we will start a low dose of fertility drugs. Have you had any of those things checked yet? I'm getting nervous about it. Good Luck to you and your husband!

Angel970 responded:
I know what you are going through. My husband and I are trying still and its been two years. I know the frustration and the disappointment you feel because Im in the same boat. We went to see a doctor about infertility and as far everything seem ok with us so that makes it even worse. Im trying to have faith and you have to to get through this difficult time. It will happen just have fun and try not to think about it too much. It wont be easy but just dont think about it. Trust me, I know what it feels like. Me and my husband decided to wait a little before getting into any treatments and besides our insurance wont cover infertility treatments.

Dont give up!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 26-year-old mother of two. I have asthma, carpal tunnel, and FM. My husband and I have been trying since May 2009 to conceive and we're ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.