Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MonD
MonDins posted:
I have never had irregular periods or any other kind of female troubles. I got off the pill 2 years ago and still no baby. I'm 29 years old. I feel like a failure because I havn't gotten pregnant yet. I hate it when people ask when we are going to have kids or if I'm prego yet. I want to scream!!! I have not been to the dr. yet to see if anything is wrong. I think it's because I don't want to hear it. I feel like I'm not fulfilling my obligation as a woman.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello MonDins and thank you for posting. Did you know that half of the fertility issues are due to the male partner? I know you're claiming "ownership" of the fertility challenge, but until a doctor has checked you both, you don't actually know that.

This article, Should I Have Infertility Testing? may be helpful. The Getting Pregnant Quiz does say that the longer women wait, the more their chances go down. At age 20, you have a 90% chance of conceiving after a year. At age 30, it drops to 70%, and more still by the time you reach 35.

Let us know how you're doing,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~ Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sarah (26) DH (27) TTC since Feb 2008 3 failed clomid Cs with timed intercourse 2 failed tamoxifen Cs with IUIs failed IVF Jan 2010 March - FET with ...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.