Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update Dr.s appointment
Peterson_C_1989 posted:
I had a Dr. appointment with my OBGYN yesterday to see what our next step was going to be mainly because my endometriosis has come back even though I had my surgery last april. They took me off of the clomid for the two cycles I was waiting for my appointment until we figured out our next step. Whether it be no surgery and just go back on the clomid and continue TTC normally or with artificial insemination, or do the surgery again and go back on the clomid and TTC normally or go with artificial insemination.

It did not go as I hoped, my blood pressure was extremlely high (I think it was 185 over 120 or somewhere around there) and I have gained quite a bit of weight and am now up to 290... He gave us a couple of different options, he mainly does not want us to actvily TTC until my health and blood pressure is under control. He said I could have another surgery to remove the endometriosis and then go on LUPRON for 6 months and pray that stops it from coming back, or I could just go on the the LUPRON for 6 months and hope that it removes it and makes it not come back, or go on a strict diet with exercise and watch my blood pressure and hopefully with losing the weight my endometriosis and PCOS will handle it self and hopefully go away and then after I lose the weight and get my blood pressure under control we could start TTC again.

I know being pregnant with high blood pressure could be very risky for me and the baby and I know I need to lose weight to be healthier but it just hurts so bad that I still have to wait to have a baby. I feel like there is something that I am doing to make my health be bad, I feel like somehow its my fault. I feel so discouraged and that my dream is being ripped away because I feel that no matter what there is always going to be some issue that I can't have my child.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Peterson_C_1989,

I am very sorry to hear your latest doctor's visit was discouraging. Sometimes if you break down the challenges into chunks, they're easier to tackle.

I'm including some links that may help you get started.

PCOS and Weight Gain

Hypertension and Blood Pressure Center

Dash Diet for Hypertension (Check with your doctor before trying any diet)

Please let us know how you're doing. We're here to support you,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~ Roseanne Barr

Peterson_C_1989 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for your support and help, I will look at those thinks. Right now I have totally cut out all un-needed sugar like candy, soda ETC. and have been eating less and healthier and exercizing and so far its been helping a lot!!!

I have already lost a pound or so, I can fit in to jeans again!!! Where I was stuck wearing sweats for a long time!

I have another appointment 7-25-11 with my primary and hoping my blood pressure is down or we can do something to help.

One other thing, since my diet the pain I was having from my endometriosis has seemed to have gone away or its not as persistant! I will keep you updated.

Thank you again,

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Peterson_C_1989's response:
Peterson_C,

Thanks so much for your update. It sounds like your on the right track with your diet and exercise, and congrats on fitting in those jeans again!

Good luck on the 25th,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~ Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been ttc for over a year and a half now :( Our goal is to have a big family, so it's been very discouraging month after mont...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.