Skip to content
Just Need To Vent!!!!!!!!!!
kam20 posted:
My husband and I have been a trying for almost a year now! We have been together for 4 years just got married last May. My family(as well as his)Have been pressuring us to have a baby but DH and I wanted to try when we were ready but came to the conculsion that you are never really ready for a kid. My story is I had a miscarige a yr and a half ago since then we have not even recieve our BFP. I have been havng irregular cycle since I turn 18. To make a long story short I just recently stop taking the depo Oct 2010.So and Dec I had a cycle a 5 day cycle which I am use to when my body decides it wants to act right. Jan came same as Dec.Feb came nothing March came I had every pregnancy symptoms you can have I had spotting it started dark brownish to light pinkish for 3 days that was it since then I have not seen anything. I have taken 6 hpt in they all were BFN. So I went to the doctor in did a pelvic ultrasound now its the waiting game (find out why i am not having a cycle) I just need to vent and see have anybody else experience what i am going through?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Kam20--so glad you posted.

I am very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Unfortunately, Depo Provera can cause ovulation to not return for a long time. Nurse Jane notes, "When testing for actual return of ovulation, the range can be 77-425 days with a mean time of 211 days— or seven months (Fotherby, 1986)."

Hopefully your doctor can help get you back on track,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~ Roseanne Barr

kam20 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hey Byroney,
I went to my doctor on friday it turns out that i have PCOS. So I am a little down about it.

canwedothis replied to kam20's response:
I'm sorry to hear that you have PCOS, but at least it is a diagnosis. Knowing the problem with infertility can be half the battle. I have activley been trying to conceive with PCOS since October of 2009. I know how hard it can be to stay positive. I was on clomid then femara with my ob/gyn, after a few months of nothing he referred me to an RE who started me on Femara and we've now moved on to Follistim injections. I've been on metformin at various doses the entire time as well. I'm really hoping that the follistim will do the trick for us.

Best of luck to you and try to keep your head up:)

kam20 replied to canwedothis's response:
Thanks for your reply. I have been a little down put I have faith. I just feel like nobody understands what I am going through unless you actually have PCOS. I wish you the best of luck you are very strong because I feel like I would have giving up. If you dont mind me asking you how long did it take for them to actually tell you that you have PCOS? For me it took 5 yrs.

canwedothis replied to kam20's response:
I was very lucky as far as the actual diagnosis goes. My older sister had just concieved her first child with the help of the same OB I was seeing. Since she had been diagnosed with PCOS they didn't even question that it was my issue as well. They got me started on Metformin and Clomid right away.

kam20 replied to canwedothis's response:
Okay that give me some kind of hope because I have really been down I think its the meds that my OB GYN put me on she have me taking Medroxyperstone something like that its provera its suppose to start my cycle on the 10th day. I am on day 9 still nothing. My Ob says if i have a cycle this month in one next month on my own then she will give me the meds to help me ovulate.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Been off BCP for coming up on 5 years. Never once BFP, never once missed a period.

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.