Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
has anyone gone through intrauterine insemmination?
Anon_227711 posted:
My infertility MD has been aggressive on my treatment. She started me on Clomid pills for 5 days, then Bravelle injection for 13 days, Ovidrel yesterday and today, I had the intrauterine insemmination. I am having mixed emotions right now. Excitement, anticipation, happiness and I am very hopeful. At the same time, there is fear that I won't conceive. Has anyone gone through the same process? Need your thoughts please. It will be another 2 wks before I can do a pregnancy test (otherwise, might be false positive).

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I had an IUI in May and it was BFN. We wanted to try a few more times, but I grew another uterine polyp and now we have to move directly to IVF. My RE is pretty agressive, also. I'm very thankful for this because when you're going through this, the last thing you want to do is go slow.
Age: 35, DH age:35 TTC 1 1/2 years, HSG/Ultrasound Nov '10 showed uterine polyps, surgery Feb '11 polyp removal/D

bbloomston responded:
baby dust to you I hope it's BFP!!! I did 6 rounds of clomid and my next step is to try IUI. It has been two years of trying for the DH and me, and it's definitely been emotionally draining. I am only 30 and I just don't ovulate on my own so meds will be necessary, although even as I'm typing this I struggle to accept it. I've decided to take an emotional break this summer and I'm trying acupuncture to see if I can get my hormones kick-started naturally. Anyway, I love hearing success stories on these boards so fingers and toes are crossed for you!!!

blessbliss replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Sorry to hear about the BFN after your IUI. Indeed, I am very thankful for the care & treatment we are receiving. Will pray for you and DH. All the best!

blessbliss replied to bbloomston's response:
Thank you! DH and I need as much luck and prayer warriors as we can have! I wish you luck on your endeavor too. Please let us know how accupuncture works for you. We'd love to hear alternative medicine.

kzim517 responded:
(trigs)

Never hurts to hear a success story, I guess...

We failed multiple clomid cycles and had numerous times when we couldn't even try because of ovarian cysts. Had one failed IUI back in March, took a few months off, and tried a few different things with our IUI in June. I'm now about 8 weeks PG.

I was really beginning to think IUI's never worked because I hard heard such few successes. But it can happen, so just try to relax and think positive.

I see this post is a few weeks old, did you test yet?

Good Luck!
Kari (30), DH (32), our little miracle DS born 12/09. Failed 4 cycles of clomid/HCG, cysts in Feb. FSH and P4 low, DH has low morphology. On to clomid/IUI in March.

bbloomston replied to kzim517's response:
Kari- this is AWESOME! thanks for posting and congrats on your pregnancy!! which meds did you you use for the IUI in June? It's funny but I have boxes of gonal F sitting in my fridge. just wondering if you used this too?

Sticking with acupuncture and yoga for now and trying to make some diet improvements (more whole grains, etc.) although DH and I feel like we're 80% good on food choices. I guess there's always room for improvement.

Today is cd 70 for me with no period and lots of negative pregnancy tests. I've been charting like crazy and it looks like a mountain range things are so up and down. Have too much work travel upcoming to even think about iui until november or december anyway (it would be our first try) so just staying on this break is all we can do.

Can't thank you enough for sharing your success and so happy to hear about it. These are the stories that keep us all going :)

blessbliss replied to kzim517's response:
Hi Kari! Thank you for your wonderful and inspiring story.

I did IUI July 15 and I was told to test between days 14-16 post IUI. So yesterday was the day. It was negative. I tested again today, negative again.

What is the next step when it's negative? Until when should I test for pregnancy? Do you wait a certain period before trying IUI again?

Blessed be to you and your family.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Husband and me met and started dating 6/2002. During my college education, got engaged 9/2005. Bought our own house 7/2007. Got married 5/3/2008. Deci...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.