Skip to content
Need to vent!!!
Peterson_C_1989 posted:
I know my OBGYN told me and DH not to actvily TTC until my health is under control but so far with my diet and exercise things are doing a lot better!!! My blood pressure came down to 127 over 88!! Although we are not activly trying we are taking no precautions and part of me is still trying. So technicaly we are trying while working on getting healthy as well.

Anyways I'm really irritated and hurt and wanted to vent to people that are going through the same things as me and those who understand the heartaches that TTC can cause.

I have a friend who I try to talk to a lot and let know whats going on because she's been my best friend since jr high. The other day I got on to facebook and her status said that she went to the doctor because she has been having her period for the last three weeks and was told she couldn't have children because it was either PCOS or early menopause. I sent her a text to see what all was going on and what the doctor said..... She told me her boyfriend found out she had an OBGYN appointment and thought it would be funny to say she found out some bad news! She asked me if I thought it was funny!!! I was soooo mad and hurt I can barely see straight!!! Why in the world would you joke about something so sensitive? I know it wasn't directed at me, I know it was her boyfriend that wrote it but still!!! I mean COME ON!!! People do have those problems and its getting more common!!! Have some common sense!!!

I am also VERY annoyed with another friend as well, she is 22 and pregnant with her THIRD child..... She is complaining that the pregnancy is so hard and she just wants it over with! I am at my wits end and VERY close to chewing her out and saying "Atleast you can get pregnant without a lot of issues! If you want to complain so much than keep your freaking legs shut!! I would kill to have one child let alone THREE!!!"

Auugh I am so annoyed!!!!! Why are people so insensitive and rude? I'm getting sick and tired of it!!!!

canwedothis responded:
The trying but not "trying" could be just what you need. I hope you continue to do well with your other health issues.

I know exactly what you mean about being fed up with the people around you who don't understand where you are right now. I haven't had anyone be so blatently insensitive like your friend on facebook. That's just terrible. I hope she at least apologized to you. It sucks having people around you get pregnant so easily. Both my sister and sister-in-law have had their second baby within the last 7 weeks. I'm glad that they are at least sensitive to my feelings (mostly), but it is still so hard to watch other women have babies so easily! I think you are definitely in the right place for some thoughtful feedback from an empathetic audience.

Best of luck to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 y.o. I have been married 2 years. I was dx with PCOS at 19, so I always sorta knew that having a baby would be hard! I am currently on Metform...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.