Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Failed Clomid, first CY with Femara and Ovidrel trigger
megwhite1985 posted:
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Femara and Ovidrel trigger shot.

Quick history: I have PCOS and primary infertility. My DH and I have been TTC for nearly 2 yrs. His SA came back wonderful, so it is just myself with the problem. I did five CYs with Various strengths of Clomid and never had any follies develop enough to use the trigger shot. So we took about six months off.

I am currently waiting for AF to show up so that we can start this CY. But like I was saying, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with Femara and what some of the SE may be, etc...

Thank you so much for any and all info!
TTC 1 since 08/2009.
Angel Baby 10/2009
Angel Baby 04/2010

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I did a cycle of Femara and Ovidrel. We did an IUI at the end of May and got a BFN. In June, I took the Femara again, but grew another polyp, after having 5-6 surgically removed along with a D&C back in Feb. Also, one of my follicles grew so large, it turned into a cyst. I have to have surgery again before we can start IVF.

Femara gave me 1 large follicle and 3 smaller ones that first month. I got my friend to give me the Ovidrel shot. I first rubbed my thigh with ice and then she gave it to me. I didn't even feel a thing. I could give myself any shot as long as it's one of those tiny pen needles.

As far as side effects, I didn't have any with Femara. My RE uses it for a lot of women. He said that he's seen greater success with it, as well as fewer side effects. I hope that it works for you! I'm just one of those people who make a lot of polyps and have a thick uterine lining, unless I stay on BCP.
Age: 35, DH age:35 TTC 1 1/2 years, HSG/Ultrasound Nov '10 showed uterine polyps, surgery Feb '11 polyp removal/D

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I were married in April 2009. I am 36 and DH is 45. We decided to give ourselves a year before TTC. We officially started trying 1/1/10 so we a...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.