Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
There is Hope
tarakay17 posted:
Hello,

I am 28 and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18. I have always wanted to be a mother, but I was very worried that my PCOS would prevent that from ever happening. Despite never posting, I have been reading these borads faithfully for the last year. The emotional support I received by just reading and hearing the stories of others going through similar situations cannot be put into words. Anyways, I wanted to say thank you to all of you for postin and telling your stories. Your posts kept me positive and I am now preg. with my first child! Got three BFP's over the weekend and a blood test confirmed this morning.

keshai responded:
WOW!!! THATS GREAT! i just posted how depressed i am since I found out about me having PCOS. I am 27,and was told to try IVF which we would have to come out of pocket $12,000 we are willing to start but Aunt flow wont show, I'm here wondering if thats a sign!
Did you do anything like this,or was your pregnancy natural??? What did you do to get rid of your PCOS or do you still have it??

looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Congrats again!

tarakay17 replied to keshai's response:
Thank you so much! I definitely understand the way you are feeling. I was always told that it would not happen naturally, but I found a new Doctor and he wanted me to try for one year before IVF, etc.

Well, I still have the PCOS. My Dr. told me that he could help minimize the symptoms, but never make it go away. I have been taking metformin extended release for over a year now and I also tracked any ovulation using ovulation predictor tests. Without metformin I had NO periods and NO ovulation. While I was not "normal" on the meds, I was obviously normal enough to get pregnant. Anyways, I actualy took a break over the summer from all the tracking, testing, etc. I just took my meds and here we are. I wish you all the best and it will happen!!

keshai replied to tarakay17's response:
Thanks hun, keep me posted as to your progress.
Congrats again!

Spotlight: Member Stories

We had been TTC since before we got married in 2004 (we wanted to get a head start, as we knew it could take a while). We've had 3 pregnancies. Th...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.