Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Popping in, hoping to see only new faces **TRIGS- adoption
fiannakyn posted:
[TRIGGER] if anyone (besides Bryony) is still here from when I left last year -I'm sooo sorry and I hope your journy takes you where you need to go.

A mini update on me-

after 11 years of TTC with PCOS, we turned to adoption. We actually decided to foster to adopt through the foster care system and started that path in March.

Well in May we were contacted about a possable direct adoption! friend of the family's 16 year old daughter. one thing led to another and tomorrow I go to talk to a lawyer about the paperwork for the baby boy due Christmas Day!

So if anyone ever has a question about adoption or fostercare- feel free to ask away! you can also follow the journt at wiggsadoption.blogspot.com
Vicky

BabyParks responded:
am interested in adoption and how to get started in that. I dont want to foster and get attached and then taken away. Any info would be great tho. Thank you!

Kofie responded:
Vicky, I am beyond excited for you. Congratulations! I have been seeing the posts on Facebook. Any information that you could share would be awesome. I just ask that it not be posted to my Facebook page as I don't discuss this side of my life with anyone.

Congrats again!
Tonya(26) DH-Patrick(34) TTC1 since 8/2005, I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I take Metformin 3x a day. DH has a normal count but not enough of the normal guys. Praying for a miracle!

bethann88 responded:
Hey Vicky!! Just wanted to wish you good luck. I've been following your blog and I really hope your adoption goes through without any problems. Wishing you the very best!
Me(30) DH(31) TTC since 1/09. 2 m/c 5/09 and 6/11. Dx'd w/ stage II endo. 1 failed IUI 4/11. BFP 7/22/11

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
I am so delighted for you, Vicky! Hooray and what a lucky little guy! I know you've waited a long time and I'm glad the wait is almost over.

Hope you'll drop by again and tell us about him when he arrives. Thank you for offering to help talk to others about adoption as an option.

Best wishes,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

fiannakyn replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
BabyParks- I found the best resorce was www.adoption.org It has EVERYTHING about adoption

Adoptiontoday is also a good one. plus try finding an adoption agancy in your area (I googled my city adoption angency) and ask them for information.

There is also waiting children in the foster system that are "free" for adoption- but almost all are older or have special needs.

I've figured there are several options for adoption-
International adoption
1) International infant or toddler adoption- thats the one thats all over adoptions sites. China, Russia, etc. estemated time can be between 18 months and 10 years to bring a child home. Most are between 3months old and 2 years at time of referral and that can be another year before bringing them home. Very few are infants. usually costs about $30-40k.
2) International special needs adoption- same as above but the kids have medical, physical, or emotional disorders like Cleft Lip, AIDS, or Down Syndrom. cost can be between $20 and $30k. checkout www.reeserainbow.org if you are interested. they are a clearing house for severeal east europe countries for special needs kids.

Domestic:
1) Domestic infant adoption through an agency or facilitator. You are matched with a pregnant woman or a days old newborn. May or may not be there for the birth, and recive the baby as soon as courts clear transfer of guardianship- about 3 days after match or about when the baby is discharged. can cost between $10 and $40k depending on the agency and state. can take between no time and many years, as its the birthmothers who pick the adoptive family.

2) Private Domestic infant adoption- (This is what we're doing with the christmas baby) Thats where you find the birth mother yourself (advertisizng or word of mouth) then you hire a lawyer to handle the paperwork. cost around $5000-10K depending. Age can be anywhere you are interested in and can take anywhere of no time to many years to find a birthmother.

Foster care adoptions- all foster care adoptions cost between ZERO and $5000 depending on the state.
1) Foster to adopt- You are trained as a foster family and can recived children where they still are trying to reunite with thier families, IF the parents rights are removed, you are the first ones to have the option to adopt the child. This is usualy the only way to get an infant, buy fostering the infant till TPR is signed which can be a year to 2 years later. But often there are more sibling groups than single children so there may be a wait of a year to 2 years from time you start the training.

2) Legal Risk adoption- where you are taking children that the courts have "given the parents one last chance" and it's not looking good. about 90% of those do result in adoption. Age is about 12 months and up. again, usualy sibling groups so if you want a single child, it can take a while.

3) TPR free children- these are the waiting kids. TPR has already been signed and they are waiting for an adoptive family to fall in love with them. often have special needs or are older. If you "fall in love" with one, it can be as little as a few months to bring them home.

There is also currently a federal $13K tax refund for adoptions, but thats renewed yearly so I can't guarntee it being there after December 2011. Some states also have tax credit/refunds. and some special needs adoptions get even more.
Vicky

BabyParks replied to fiannakyn's response:
Thank you so much for ALL your helpful information!!!! We have lots to pray about and know that whatever happens if we aren't or are able to have more children of our own adoption is still something we are interested in. I look forward to what the LORD has in store for us and will be praying about it all and reading the website for more information. Thanks again!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello my name is Adrienne, I am 32 and have been TTC since November 2006. My DH 31 and his SA is good. In April of 2008 I was diagnosed with PCOS and...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.