Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Endometriosis and surgery success
BabyParks posted:
Anyone had laparoscopy for endometriosis and/or scar tissue and get pregnant soon after. I am hoping this will help hubby and I conceive as we've been trying for 15 months now. I am very hopeful even as hubby has borderline motility issues. Hope someone has a similar experience that will share.

BabyParks responded:
anyone with help would be greatly appreciated!!

BethAnn88 responded:
Hi there!

I have a laparoscopy success story. I had a lap done last Dec to diagnose/treat my endo. At that point I had been TTC for nearly 2 years. Unfortunitly, I didn't get pregnant as quickly as I had hoped, so if it doesn't happen in the first few months, don't lose hope. It took me until May (5 months after my lap) to get pregnant. Sadly, that pregnancy ended in miscarriage (a piece of advice. . . when you do get pregnant, make sure you have your doc check your progesterone level early on. Low pro is a common problem with endo patients. But it's easily treated with supplements if it's caught early. . . I had to learn that one the hard way). Anyway, after that, we decided to take a break from TTC for a while. But much to my surprise I got pregnant again the very next month without even trying. And at 11wks, everything's going well this time. I have no doubt the lap is what made the difference for me getting pregnant, and I'm so glad I decided to do it.

I hope you'll soon have success too. I still lurk here some, so if you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them as best I can. Good luck!!
Me(30) DH(31) TTC since 1/09. 2 m/c 5/09 and 6/11. Dx'd w/ stage II endo. 1 failed IUI 4/11. BFP 7/22/11

BabyParks replied to BethAnn88's response:
Thanks so much for your response. I am very hopeful this will work for us too. I am going to be doing IUI with clomid again next month so hopefully that will help. With DS I didn't have progesterone problems but I got to a RE so they check all that as soon as I have a BFP i got in for bloodwork and go every week sometimes twice a week. I am very hopeful this will work as DS will turn two next month Thanks for the advice and so happy you got your BFP that is wonderful news. I am hoping this will help us too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi ya'll! I'm Tanishia from South Louisiana. I have one daughter Lilya Jo born on Dec.2, 2006 from a previous relationship. My husband Bra...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.