Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
i want to concieve...
sv11689 posted:
got married before 8 months. i had irregular periods before marriage. after marriage also i had irregular periods. i took tablets for correct cycle... then i got cycle correctly for two months again irregular peroid started. now also i took tablets for getting my cycle and i got on 8th september. doctor told to take tablet named (LETSI) from the 5th day of the periods.. then another tablet named (DUPHASTON) from 16th day of the periods. i am having sex with my husband on alternative days...
do i concieve by having these tablets? i want to concieve... pls help me...

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome sv11689 and thanks for posting.

You're smart to be working with your doctor. I would encourage you to discuss with him or her any concerns you have about your cycle and conceiving.

It's important to try and pin down when you're ovulating. From the Getting Pregnant Quiz , this fact comes out about fetility:

What are my most fertile days?

"The 2 days before ovulation and the day of ovulation. A sperm has the best chance of reaching and fertilizing your egg in the 2 days before ovulation and on the day of ovulation. In comparison, the probability is just 8% three days before ovulation, and 0% the day after ovulation."

That means that even if you have sex multiple times a day, if it's not a day when you're fertile, it won't help you conceive. This Fertility Tips slideshow may help, too.

Let us know how you're doing,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi My name is Judith i have a beautiful daughter Rachel who is 5. I had an ectopic pregnancy in Aug 2007 and we have been trying for another baby ever...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.