Skip to content
i want to concieve...
sv11689 posted:
got married before 8 months. i had irregular periods before marriage. after marriage also i had irregular periods. i took tablets for correct cycle... then i got cycle correctly for two months again irregular peroid started. now also i took tablets for getting my cycle and i got on 8th september. doctor told to take tablet named (LETSI) from the 5th day of the periods.. then another tablet named (DUPHASTON) from 16th day of the periods. i am having sex with my husband on alternative days...
do i concieve by having these tablets? i want to concieve... pls help me...
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome sv11689 and thanks for posting.

You're smart to be working with your doctor. I would encourage you to discuss with him or her any concerns you have about your cycle and conceiving.

It's important to try and pin down when you're ovulating. From the Getting Pregnant Quiz , this fact comes out about fetility:

What are my most fertile days?

"The 2 days before ovulation and the day of ovulation. A sperm has the best chance of reaching and fertilizing your egg in the 2 days before ovulation and on the day of ovulation. In comparison, the probability is just 8% three days before ovulation, and 0% the day after ovulation."

That means that even if you have sex multiple times a day, if it's not a day when you're fertile, it won't help you conceive. This Fertility Tips slideshow may help, too.

Let us know how you're doing,

I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have one 8 year old son. For the last four years we have been trying to have another baby. I had a miscarriage in 2008 and again in 2010. I recently...More

Helpful Tips

Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.