Skip to content
Searching for answers or waiting for a miracle
Essa86 posted:
Hi, when i was 16 i had my left fallopian and either 1/4 or 3/4 of my ovary removed (on the same side), due to a cyst.

I am now 25 been a lovely relationship with my partner for almost 3 years now. We have been trying since last june 2010 and nothing. I know every one says you should wait upto 2 years but am i wasting my time is it even possible with what i have left?
This is such a draining subject for me now it really upsets me.

I had blood tests done the 1st day of my period and 21st day after for 3 months, which showed i was not ovulating properly.

About a month ago i started to feel a bit of pain similar to the pain i had with the cysts so my doc has sent me for a scan which is the 13th of Oct, do you think they could tell me more whilst im there maybe they can see something i cant feel.

I dont know what i am expecting to hear from posting this, maybe a miracle i dont know.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome, Essa and thanks for posting.

What I have heard recommended is trying for a year if you're under 35, or six months if you're over 35. I think it's smart that you've gone to your doctor and are getting some testing under way to find out what's going on. The scans should definitely help give your doctor an idea of what's going on inside.

This article, Should I Have Infertility Testing? may have some useful information, too.

Keep us updated how your appointment goes next week,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

Essa86 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank You for your response.

The article is very helpful have sent the link to my home email address for both my partner and I too read together.

I will keep you up to date in regards to my appointment on wednesday, which i am very nervous about :-S

Again thanks for your response

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Essa86's response:
I'm glad you found it helpful! I'll be watching for your update after your Wednesday appointment.

Hopefully once you've talked and have a plan, you'll feel a bit less nervous.

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 22 yrs old and been with my partner (24) for 3 years and we have officially been TTC for a year this week after yet another period arrived right ...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.