Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Trying for a year.
    brijo6126 posted:
    We have been trying to conceive our second child for over a year. Our first child just turned 8 years old in May and she was a vaginal delivery. I sometimes have heavy spotting after intercourse however my OBGYN has found nothing on the surface level as to why we are not succesful in getting pregnant.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Brjo6126--hello and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry you're having difficulty conceiving your second child. This Ovulation Tips and TTC slideshow may be helpful to you.

I would suggest that since it's been a year, it's time to get more assertive about pursuing this with your doctor. Also, 30-40% of fertility problems are male issues. Your husband/partner may want to get checked out, too.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing,

Byroney
    I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
    Roseanne Barr

jackieg2011 responded:
    Hello! My college roommate went through this. I think that she felt that the doctor was ignoring her a little bit because the doc felt she'd already had one kid, and it would surely happen again. So my friend asked her doctor pointedly for more specific help and, eventually, moved to a new doctor who was more responsive to her needs. She's now a mom of three beautiful children. Stay strong. I hope that you conceive again very, very soon.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to jackieg2011's response:
    Jackieg, you are so right about moving onto a more responsive doctor. Secondary infertility is infertility that happens after you have one (or more) child already. It is something that can happen to anyone, no matter how many kids they've successfully had in the past.

Thanks for sharing your friend's positive story with us,

Byroney
    I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
    Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(28)DH(31) TTC #1 since 2006, 6 m/c's before 6w. We are at a loss for what to try next, so we are getting back to basics. http://www.fertilityf...More

Helpful Tips

Three Chinese food therapies for hydrosalpinx patients
    Chinese food therapy (also known as dietary therapy and nutrition therapy) is not only effective in health maintenance, but also ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.