Skip to content
we haven't conceived after 1 year off depo
tuner_2088 posted:
my wife and i havent conceived yet and she got off depo july 15 2010. should we be concerned. she has had some abnormal flow within 6 months but lately it is getting more regular. she was on depo for 5 years.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome tuner_2088 and thanks for posting!

Unfortunately as you've discovered, it can take quite a long time for normal cycles to resume after Depo. Here is Nurse Jane's blog post on Getting Pregnant after Depo Provera .

Since it's now been over a year since she got off Depo, I would suggest she talk with her doctor. He or she may be able to help regulate her cycles and also determine whether or not she's ovulating. This Ovulation and TTC (trying to conceive) Tips slideshow may be helpful, too.

Give us and update and let us know how you're doing.

Baby dust!

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been happily married for two years to a loving and very supporting husband. We enjoy being with family and travelling to new places. We both lo...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.