Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
change in menstrual cycle
jackieg2011 posted:
Thanks for having this forum! I'm actually heading to a fertility clinic in two weeks (the earliest appointment, unfortunately), but I'm just doing some research to try to get a sense of what might be going on.

I am 33 and my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a little over a year. When nothing happened by month 8, I bought a Clearview Fertility Monitor. We've been having sex during the peak of ovulation, and my period has changed over the last few months. It's still happening on a regular timetable every month but it's gone from having one semi-heavy day and then just slowly petering out over a week to having 24-36 hours of extremely heavy bleeding (some of it an almost gel-like consistency) with cramps and then petering out almost immediately. So I feel like something is happening but I don't quite know what.

I am just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone. Or if there might be an idea of what it could be.

Thanks again.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Jackieg and welcome!

You're doing the smart thing by getting checked out by the fertility clinic. Remember, even if your periods have been changing that doesn't mean the fertility issue is necessarily with you. 30-40% of the fertility issues are male problems, and I'm sure that's something you and your doctor will consider.

You may also want to post over on the Infertility Treatment community, which is a bit busier than this one is.

Let us know how your appointment goes,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

jackieg2011 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks so much, Byroney!

Jackie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (22) Husband (24) TTC for 18 months now. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, on Metformin since August. Praying for a miracle!

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.