Skip to content
IUI and Discharge
Anon_155458 posted:
Hello

Last week Saturday, I did my first IUI. Since then I have been having alot of discharge almost like ovulation. However, I took 100mg of Clomid for 5 days and a HCG shot to stimulate. My DH has low motility so an IUI was reccommended. On Friday my RE wants me to come in so he can check my blood work. Has anyone ever had discharge after an IUI? If you had an IUI, what is the blood work for? What should I expect on Friday? I am so anxious and scared at the same time. We have been trying for a year and a half. I never thouht I would have to go through all of this to have my first baby.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Anon_155458 and welcome!

How did your appointment go today? What did he say about the discharge?

Hope you got some good news,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

CandiceF83 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
It went great. The blood work was to check my progesterone levels which was good because i did not get a call from them. Usually if its low they call you. He said the discharge was normal. Next week friday I go back for a pregnancy test. The is going to be a long week. But I am remaining positive..thank you for responding.

BabyParks replied to CandiceF83's response:
Glad to hear of your results candice. Sorry I just saw this post. I wish you the best of luck in your 2ww journey. I am also trying for baby #2 after 17 months and it stinks. I have been on 4 rounds of clomid and 1 IUI, surgery in august and still not pregnant. So hopefully since hubby has low motility the vitamins he is on will help with that and we can do another IUI possibly when his numbers come up in a couple more months. Keep us posted. Also may want to join Infertility community as it is more active there but this is a great one too

CandiceF83 replied to BabyParks's response:
Thank you for responding. I have 4 more days and I am a wreck. I dont have any children this will be my first. My husband has low motility too and was taking fertility blend. Is that what your husband is taking? His motility did improve. For the IUI my RE usually want 5 million good sperm and he had 9 million. Not bad but not great. I never thought I will have to go through all of this to have a baby. Friday I go back to the doctor for a pregnancy test. I took one yesterday but I know that it is wayyyy too early...since the IUI was 10/15. It was negative.

Hopefully Friday I will get some good news. I am going to check out the infertility community.

BabyParks replied to CandiceF83's response:
That is good to hear. He takes fertilaide but also specifically takes vitamins C, E and zinc that his urologist recommended. Hopefully in about 3 months it will be up where it needs to be. For our IUI hubby only had 5.02 million usable sperm so I was very devastated by that number. I know some may be him and some could be me. Just have to wait and hope for the best. Good luck to you and baby dust.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (26) DH (34) - TTC #1 since 8/2005. Started Metformin 3x a day 2/2010. DH has good count but not the right amount of "normal" guys. Prayi...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.