Skip to content
CD1 AF question(TMI)
hipnautica posted:
Hi ladies it has been a very long time since I have been on here. I was on back in March getting my IVF done. Anyway long story short, just wanted to ask when should I count CD1. I have been TTC forever and you would think I would remember this stuff but I forget sometimes. Sat. night I wore a pad just in case but AF wasnt due until today, so when I got home I had about a dime size amout of blood on my pad and when I went to the bathroom it was a good bit but was bright red it was dark red and this was around 11pm. Yesterday was my normal flow, and im wondering even though it was bright red blood and as late as it was should I count CD1 when i saw the dark red blood or when I had my normal flow. Tried looking it up and everyone says different things. Some say normal flow while others say any sign of blood other than brown you count as CD1. Remember gyno nurse saying CD1 is counted when you see red blood. Anyway please let me know which day to count. Thanks.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello again Hipnautica!

My doctor told me the same thing your gyno nurse did--CD 1 is the first day of red bleeding (not spotting). Hopefully some of the members will jump in and share their opinions, too.

Best wishes,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 and DH is 32, we have been ttc since we got married in October of 2009. My older sister had been diagnosed with PCOS and had her little girl i...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.