Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Regular as clockwork, but no PG's
mommyof22008 posted:
How can my cycles be as regular as clockwork, but still never get PG?!?! I can tell you the exact day my AF will come and I am always right. Never miss a beat, but still can't get PG. It was so easy with my DS, 2 months and BAM!!! Now, it's been a year and nothing. So frustrating!!!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Mommyof22008!

If you've been trying for a year, it sounds like time to go and see the doctor and get checked out. Even if you and your partner have a previous child, secondary infertility can rear its head at any time and create problems where there previously had been none.

It could also be an issue on your husband/boyfriend/partner's side, too. You don't mention using Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) but that might be helpful, too.

Let us know how you're doing,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

wanastickybean responded:
hello mommy of 22008

Just thought I'd throw a suggestion in here. I used to be very regular only recently did i become not regular. But have you had a test to see if your tubes are open. you can ovulate and have a period all normal but if there is a blockage those swimmers are not getting to the trophy. if you know what I mean. I only had one working side. didn't realize this cause I felt normal I could feel each time i ovulated from both sides I thought. turnes out my right ovary was "dead" as the dr said and my tube was so blocked they had to take it along with the ovary. now Im not trying to scare you I just wanted to share my side and suggest you ask your ob/gyn about a HSG test. Well I hope I helped at least a little. Good luck and tons of baby dust.
take care
Rach.

mspro4 replied to wanastickybean's response:
hi mommy of 22008. I would suggest going to the dr as well. The longer you wait, the less chances you'll have. And be sure to as kquestions.
wanastickybean
Good to know. I've been the same way since on clomid. Regular to the minute and have all the symptoms of ovulating and positive OPK tests but still nothing. Hubby's tests were good as well as mine. That might be a question to ask the next time I go to the dr.
I was also wondering about my progesterone tests if anyone might have a thought. My dr is having me do the 21 day progesterone test. The thing is, I always start on the same or the next day and then my results come back super low. Wouldn't they be low if I was starting AF? It seems like I am on a 21 day cycle which means I ovulate earlier and should take the prog tests earlier. Right????

deliela999 replied to mspro4's response:
I'd also suggest going to the doctor to discuss and find a doctor you trust who has no problem answering as many questions as you ask. Take a list of questions so you don't forget any. My doctor usually takes my list and goes through it answering all my questions. I also have short cycles and he keeps telling me it's ok. My last 3 cycles have been 24, 25, and 22 days. I've read about leutal phase deficiency, but don't know much about it yet. I think it's when you ovulate at the normal time, but then the part of your cycle after ovulation isn't long enough. I have an HSG today to check for blockage. I'm trying to be patient with this journey, but that's not my strongest trait.

mspro4 replied to deliela999's response:
Ha! Not my strongest trait either! Hope your HSG was ok.

deliela999 replied to mspro4's response:
My HSG was all good. Since the radiologist actually did the procedure he told me the results when he was done. DH did a SA the same day but we haven't heard results yet and the holiday weekend just makes us wait longer.

mspro4 replied to deliela999's response:
Good! Yea, I had to try to get a clomid RX on Christmas weekend. It is hard around the holidays to wait. Only 13 more days to see if it worked!!!
Happy New Year!!

mommyof22008 responded:
So, I went to the doctor the beginning of January. I love my doctor so much, we discussed a lot and decided that if I get my AF in February, then we will start on Clomid. My hormone levels are all good and she doesn't think my DH is the problem since he has had 2 children. We will see how it goes. At least I have some solutions and am hopeful that things will go well in the next few months.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi ya'll! I'm Tanishia from South Louisiana. I have one daughter Lilya Jo born on Dec.2, 2006 from a previous relationship. My husband Bra...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.