Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SO excited...It IS possible!!!! (TRIGS)
PinkJenn1333 posted:
Ok, so, I used to lurk on this board way back when we just passed the 12 month mark of ttc. That was approx 3.5 yrs ago. (yes, you read that right, over FOUR YEARS of trying). Well, up until I got a new job about 6 months ago, we didn't have insurance. At all. Hard to get fertility help when you can't afford it. Anyway, did some testing recently, found out that my DH has low sperm count AND low motility. Everything else is normal. Our doctors answers were more sex. So, that we did. Not too bad, right? lol. Now, a while back (few years) I had gone through the temping, the charting, the ovulation tests, etc, etc, etc. DH and I found that this wasn't right for us, too stressful, too much worry and it took the romance completely out of our marriage. So, we decided to let the cards fall where they may, we prayed and asked to be blessed with a baby when the time was right and we waited. Our relationship grew, we became closer, we've managed to move out of my parents house (sadly, we were stuck there....finances...blah), I've secured an amazing job with amazing benefits, life has seemed to be heading up. Now, the only thing left was that baby. We scheduled tests, had to decide whether or not to try any fertility meds, which I ultimately decided not to. I don't like taking anything and I'm too stubborn to not succeed with my own body and equipment. So, on 11/11/11, I had a *feeling* and even though AF wasn't due until the 17th (so, yes, in two days), I decided to take a test. Imagine my shock and disbelief when it was a BFP. And then I took another one, another BFP. I've taken a few more in the days since then, and all BFP. I'm not naive enough to think this could be the end of the journey, I know there's a possibility that we could miscarry, I know it's early. However, I'm excited to know that we CAN get pregnant. It IS possible!!!! And, while the tests keep saying +, I'm going to keep smiling. I hope everyone else can experience this as well, I know it's possible.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello PinkJenn!

So many congratulations to you! I do remember you from "way back" when. Hopefully your story provides inspiration for those still struggling with TTC.

You may want to join the wonderful ladies over on Pregnancy After Infertility if you haven't already.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy nine months,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

playa0377 responded:
Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your story. We are 2 years TTC, and as my 35th birthday approaches, I am feeling less and less hopeful. However, I do have a friend who just turned 35 and just had her first baby after 4 years of trying also. So, I am very thankful to you both for giving me some hope. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I'm 28 DH is 39. We started to TTC 11/09. In May of 2010 we got a BFP two days later nothing. DH is the optimist and wants to do it the old...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.