Skip to content
Androgel
smileygirl2010 posted:
My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for over a year now. I was checked by my OBGYN and everything was fine. My husband went to his PCP just for a physical and we found out that he has low testosterone. He's had an MRI of his brain to make sure his pituitary gland was working properly and we were told that everything was fine. His PCP decided to put him on AndroGel to see if that would help get his testosterone back to normal. He recently went to see an Endocrinologist and was told that AndroGel completely wipes out your sperm count...so needless to say, we've been trying for months and more than likely his sperm count is zero. What should we do? We're at a loss...help

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Smileygirl and thanks for posting.

I just saw Dr. Marks and other experts discussing male infertility and testosterone in the November/December issue of WebMD Magazine . I checked, and they have the October issue up right now, but the Nov/Dec one should be up shortly. Or, if your doctor's office carries it you can get a copy there.

He recommended men see a urologist for fertility issues, so you may want to read the article and consider if seeing a urologist might be a good option for your husband.

Keep us updated,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~
Roseanne Barr

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Kit. My husband and I have been married since 5/07 and have been TTC since 3/08. I've had all the initial testing done including CD3 a...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.