Skip to content
Fertility Options Appt
lindseymk posted:
My husband and I have been TTC since June 2010 with 1 miscarriage last November. I scheduled an appt next week to talk about options and to have blood work done. I am soo scared that the doc will tell me something is wrong with me or my husband! And I want to have a list of questions ready to ask the doctor or tell her what route I want to go down next. Does anyone have any advice of either what to ask or suggest?? Also, my cycle is still off my my D & C. This month my cycle was 35 days!! I've used OPK's and charted but either I am not ovulating or it's not regular each month. So frustrating!! Any insight please!

Hopeto responded:
Hi! What did the doctor say? If you have conceived something must be working. I am so sorry you had a miscarriage. We started TTC june 2010 too, but I did not get pregnant before early december this year. We used ovlulation test to pinpoint ovulation. If your cycle is irregular maybe you should use one every day? You can buy about a 100 tests on ebay for around 20 dollars.

lindseymk replied to Hopeto's response:
I got some blood results back & the doc said my progestrone level was at a 14.5 so that means I am ovulating on my own. Then a couple days later they called & said my fasting insulin is low and they want me to come in to talk about it & get me on a medication to helo that. Said that might be why I am having trouble. I don't really know what that means though...I guess I will find out January 6th. I should try to get a big bundle of ovulation tests because last month my cycle went from 35 days to 26 days so that makes me happy that it might be getting normal but I am not sure when to try. I am at the point where I am leaving it to God. He is in charge of my life and I know it will be okay. Good luck with you! Keep me updated!

Jes11 responded:
I know how you feel! I went to a dr as well just last month, but we wanted to wait to do the testing until after Christmas. We started trying in Dec. of last year and got pregnant right away, but I only carried my baby for 6 weeks. Thankfully I didn't have to have a D&C, but it was still very traumatic for me because I really wanted that baby. It has been up and down, but God has a plan for the both of us and He will take care of everything once He feels we are ready! Baby dust to you and keep your chin up!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28, DH is 31. We went off BC in April 2010 and have been actively TTC ever since. I started out using OPKs, and began charting in December 2010 a...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.