Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The Journey Begins....
jon3brn posted:
Hi Ladies!

I just needed an outlet to vent my anxiety and my nervousness for our first IUI attempt. I will be doing u/s and bloodwork on cycle day 3 with 100mg Clomid on cycle days 5-9, then on cycle day 10 I am going to start using OPK's to detect an LH surge so that I do not miss it. If not detected I am already scheduled to go in for an u/s on cycle day 12 to see how many follicles and their size. Then I will receive the prescription for the HCG trigger shot (ovidrel) to induce ovulation. The following morning DH will go in for collection and then an hour and a half later I will go in for my insemintation. After the insemination, they will insert a sponge to keep the sperm close to the cervix and in the uterus. The sponge can be removed 4 hours later. And this process will be repeated again the following day. Then the 2ww begins. Normally this would be the time that I would go crazy, but with the new quarter beginning Jan. 9 and being 10 weeks long, my brain will be certainly occupied with school work and interning. Hopefully that will make the time fly by.

But the point of this rant, I have been trying for so long and expect every month for AF to show her uninvited face that I feel that I am not emotionally prepared for the treatment to work. And if it does, I would be afraid to do anything for fear of harming or losing the baby. It will required a lot of coaching and support for me to do anything remotely active. Thus far it has been just trying, trying, trying...once it happens it will be all about carrying the baby to term, making it to deliver the baby..then I would feel once I am able to see and hold the baby that I would be able to breathe a sigh of relief until the panic of the real world dangers set in.

Does any of this make sense?
Me(28)

jenkoelenko responded:
Completely makes sense! We'd been TTC for over 4 1/2 years and I had kinda given up on ever seeing a BFP on those stupid tests.... I was completely shocked and a bit unprepared (emotionally, mentally, etc.) for the Long-awaited BFP! After all the preparation for years and years, all the medication, all the BFNs; this was CRAZY! Completely amazing and shocking. My baby was only with me 10 weeks, but they were wonderful weeks. Even though I'm hoping for the BFP.... I'm always still expecting (yet dreading) AF to make yet another rude and brutal appearance. I don't know that I'll really be okay after a BFP until I'm holding my LO in my arms. Keep up the hope, though, good attitude goes a long way, right?

jon3brn replied to jenkoelenko's response:
I am so sorry about your loss. Sending my love and prayers. How are you dealing?

thanks. thats what they say. I am doing my best to have a good attitude. within the past couple of days I have set up a massage therapy appt (next monday) and this friday I have a consultation with an acupuncturist to also help during the fertility treatments. I haven't even started the treatment and I am already feel slightly stressed. I imagine my stress level raising as I go. In addition to that I do 5-7 fertility yoga poses twice a day to also help aid in my relaxation.

I just keep reading all of these IUI success stories on these other boards and wishing, praying that will be me in 4 short weeks. But the next 4-10 weeks are going to be the busiest of my life. I am hoping that can keep me distracted and the massage, acupuncture and yoga can keep me relaxed. Life is all about balance. but still no AF, but I am pretty sure she will show her ugly face on saturday.
Me(28)

stephstew123 replied to jon3brn's response:
Will you let me know how the acupuncture goes? I thought about trying it, but am scared it will be really painful. But, I will take some pain for a baby! Thanks!

jon3brn replied to stephstew123's response:
I will definitely let you know how it goes. I just met with the doctor about an hour ago. I really nice gentleman. Prior to doing the acupuncture sessions he wants to go over my blood work to see what level my thyroid is? If it is on the high side or at a good level we will proceed but if it is on the lower end, he will prescribe me with a thyroid medication with a prescription prenatal to kick my ovaries into overdrive to better help produce eggs. Along with the Clomid, kind of like a sidekick. He said if I have a vitamin deficeincy, doing acupuncture will not be helpful because I still have the deficeincy (which makes sense).

So he is very economical and knowlegable about what it is that he does (which is good). Hope you have a good weekend. I am still waiting for Aunt Flo to show. But knowing my body, when I want her to show up, she is going to take her good old time.
Me(28)

jon3brn replied to jon3brn's response:
its a no go...too many cysts, 10 on the right-5 on the left. so now i have to wait entire month while taking bc to help them to go away. so now I am very bummed out. hopefully the rn will call me later with some more bad news.
Me(28)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I got pregnant when I was 23, had a miscarriage at 10w. After the scare 10 years ago I went on the depo-provera shot. When we finally grew up and deci...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.