Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    We have been trying to have a baby for some time now.....
    Lizznjeff posted:
    My fiance and I have been trying to have a baby for over 2 years now. I am 33 years old and she is 27. We have tried different positions (heard that may help), tried certain times of the month like when she is ovulating! She still has hope however, I am really negative about it. I have come to the conclusion that I am sterile and unable to bring a baby in to this world. We have discussed that surrogacy or adoption may be a solution. But, I am afraid we may not be able to afford that. Though, I am ignorant to how much any of it would cost. It is killing me inside that I cannot make this miracle happen and I get depressed when I see other people having luck. It seems to me everybody I know is either pregnant or trying for their second. I know I would be a wonderful father and she will be an exceptional mother. I was a step-father from a previous relationship and loved every second of it. Any ideas on what we can do?
    deliela999 responded:
    It doesn't sound like you've consulted a doctor. I'd suggest finding either a good OBGYN or an RE and have them run some tests. There are so many things that could be causing you to have problems and a lot of them are relatively simple to fix. Something as small as her thyroid being off could keep you from conceiving. A semen analysis is also pretty simple and inexpensive to see if there's a problem with you. It's more common than most people realize to have trouble conceiving, but most people that have trouble do eventually get there with some extra help. Good luck!

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Trying to conceive our first since Oct 08, We got great news in May 09 only to have a find out we had a missed M/C in June at 10wks. We went for the U...More

    Helpful Tips

    What treatment women who have hydrosalpinx want to get pregnant should accept?
    "My wife is having hydrosalpinx that has been difficult for her to get pregnant" is a question that left as an offline message. Before ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.