Skip to content
We have been trying to have a baby for some time now.....
Lizznjeff posted:
My fiance and I have been trying to have a baby for over 2 years now. I am 33 years old and she is 27. We have tried different positions (heard that may help), tried certain times of the month like when she is ovulating! She still has hope however, I am really negative about it. I have come to the conclusion that I am sterile and unable to bring a baby in to this world. We have discussed that surrogacy or adoption may be a solution. But, I am afraid we may not be able to afford that. Though, I am ignorant to how much any of it would cost. It is killing me inside that I cannot make this miracle happen and I get depressed when I see other people having luck. It seems to me everybody I know is either pregnant or trying for their second. I know I would be a wonderful father and she will be an exceptional mother. I was a step-father from a previous relationship and loved every second of it. Any ideas on what we can do?

deliela999 responded:
It doesn't sound like you've consulted a doctor. I'd suggest finding either a good OBGYN or an RE and have them run some tests. There are so many things that could be causing you to have problems and a lot of them are relatively simple to fix. Something as small as her thyroid being off could keep you from conceiving. A semen analysis is also pretty simple and inexpensive to see if there's a problem with you. It's more common than most people realize to have trouble conceiving, but most people that have trouble do eventually get there with some extra help. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi ya'll! I'm Tanishia from South Louisiana. I have one daughter Lilya Jo born on Dec.2, 2006 from a previous relationship. My husband Bra...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.