Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Premarin/IUD
An_242619 posted:
I was just wondering if anyone had some insight on whether or not Premarin or IUD Mirena in fact cause infertility? I had my 1st child march 2010 with no problems during my pregnancy and I was hestitate to start back on birth control but with a lot of consideration i decided to go on Mirena well after 6 months of bleeding none stop I visited my dr. and he prescribed me to Premarin for a hormone supplement and 3 months later i stopped taking it because it didn't help and had my IUD taken out. Now a year later and a year of trying we have had no success in getting pregnant and I was just wondering if either one of these medications had anything to do with this.

An_242634 responded:
can say this i had mirena put in and i too had it taken out after bleeding full on periods for 6 months straight. I had to take antibiotics once mine was taken out but i dont remember what they were. I never used hormone supplements. It took me about two years to get pregnant again after that but i wasnt trying so i cant say if it would have happened faster. Funny thing is it seems to me that once i took birth control and the week i forgot to take it i would end up getting pregnant. the birth control to me seemed to make me more fertile. with the patch i took it off and didnt put it back on low and behold i was pregnant within 2 wks of that. so I dont know if its the mirena that caused your problem or the premarin. i just know takin birth control period made me fertile. at one point in time i had considered being a surrogate because pregnancy was easy for me but i never found the right info on that any way hope that helps

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sara (25); DH (26); TTC#1; C25; dx with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 2007; been off meds since July 2008; dealing with MFIF; Clomid helped DH's low mot...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.