Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TTC but cant keep up with period
Anon_124370 posted:
My fiance and I have been trying to concieve for about a year now, but my period is so hard to follow...it comes and goes and it lasts 5 days then it would last 3 days...Its hard to track when i ovulate..my fiance has been getting a little frusterated because it messes with my emoitions each month...but has anyone gotten pregnate after having period issues such as mine-did you still track it or just hoped that you got lucky and concieved on the right day..?

jenkoelenko responded:
I would go talk with your OB/Gyn about it. Usually they want to look into causes of not concieving after 1 yr of TTC for women under 30 or 35, and after 6 months if you're over 30 or 35 (I can't remember exactly). There may be an underlying cause (hopefully not! there isn't always) but at the least, they may be able to help you Good luck and baby dust!

invisbeth8182 responded:
I'm having the same issue. My period is usually off as well. It alternates from being on time to not being on time. One month my cycle will be 29 days, the next 45 days, and the next 33 days...and so forth. I have also been TTC. I was on Clomid for a couple months last summer, but it didn't seem to be working so I stopped taking it. I'm currently on day 5 of my cycle....I'm just going to guess and test for ovulation in a couple weeks. Also, something new I'm trying is using condoms during sex except for when I should be ovulating.

AshleyHay replied to invisbeth8182's response:
How come you are using condoms? Is it not healthy for him to finish inside of you all the time?

invisbeth8182 replied to AshleyHay's response:
I know alot of people that were on birth control (the shot) and they got pregnant because they missed a shot. Well, I don't really want to get on BC because of the fear of gaining a bunch of weight. So since condoms are a form of contraceptive, I thought I'd give it a try of using them regularly and then just stop...hoping it would have the same effect. It's just a shot until I can get in to see my ob/gyn to try other options. It's also just like some others that have always used condoms but forgot to use one some time and they ended up pregnant.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 22 yrs old and been with my partner (24) for 3 years and we have officially been TTC for a year this week after yet another period arrived right ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.