Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to community, feeling alone hoping for words of supprt
An_242878 posted:
Hi Ladies, Fingers crossed for everyone! I have looked at many posts over the last year and loved how everyone here is so supportive of one another and positive. Honestly this is exactly what I need! We have been trying for a year no with luck. This month we will be starting our first round of clomid. I have no children of my own but my husband has two from his previous marriage. I feel so alone with all of this, my sisters have children and had really no difficulty at getting pregnant.I never thought we would still be trying a year after starting. I love my husband to death and this all has been very hard on our relationship but sometimes I feel he doesnt understand why things are so hard for me....I guess I have the fear that however this road ends he will always be a father regardless if we concieve or not and for me...I love my step-children very much and that will never chance but I also want that special bond a mother has with her children......i have so many feelings that i barely understand....can anyone relate or have advice

An_242915 responded:
My husband doesnt have kids but i do relate to you on the sibling area. My sisters all have kids without any problem concieving yet me i guess i got cursed with the unlucky stick.. Me and my husband have been trying for quite some time now and still nothing. And to this day it still upsets me when i see people having kids that dont deserve them, and i feel jealous of my sisters when i see them and their kids. this has just caused me to go through so much depression, i feel like im failing my husband and Gods will..

carolynclay84 responded:
I relate on all aspects of that, My husband has 3 children ages 8, 2, and 1. I love all of his children as if they were my own. But I too want that special bond a mother has with a child. Each of my 2 older sisters have 3 children each and neither of them had any trouble getting pregnant. I have tried for a total of almost 7 years to get pregnant with a total of 6 misscarriages. I was told that I should try to use clomid after my last doctor's visit and to call her when my next cycle started. Now for some odd reason I am bleeding every other week. I desperatly want a child and have since I was a young bride. Please if anyone has any advice or words of wisdom I would greatly appreciate it.

tanishia51386 responded:
You will find alot of us really understand alot of what you are going through, we're going through it ourselves It is very hard when getting pregnant just isnt working out as you planned it would. My husband dosent have any children of his own, I have a 5 yr old daughter from a previous relationship but I desperatley want another child and give my husband a child of his own, a child he can watch grow in me and born and all those wonderful things. We got together when my daughter had just turned 2, she's his daughter and he tells everyone that but there is still that emptiness of having a child of your own that he feels. I'm sure you feel that same way. We've been trying to get pregnant since july of 2010 when we got married, and like most people we thought we would get married and soon after be pregnant. Unfortunatley it dosent always happen that way. We are now going on 20 mths ttc, I was on clomid at 1 yr ttc for 3 mths (did'nt work) but later found out my husband has low sperm count so he will be getting put on clomid himself real soon. Hopefully it works. I wish you much luck and this is a wonderful group to vent and find answers to from women who are going through the same hurt and hardships of ttc just like you. It's best to try and stay positive and not let yourself get to worked up about it (I know this is much easier said than done) but the stess from it can only hurt you more. Good luck & baby dust your way
Lilya Jo Dec.2,2006
TTC since july,2010

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi My name is Judith i have a beautiful daughter Rachel who is 5. I had an ectopic pregnancy in Aug 2007 and we have been trying for another baby ever...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.