Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
First gyno visit next month
cnsjns08 posted:
I haven't had health insurance until last year since I was a teenager. I have severely irregular periods (like 2 times a year) Ive been with my husband for almost 4 years now and we have almost never used birth control. We really aren't "trying" but having kids is extremely important to me and I am terrified that when I go to the gyno for the first time next month that I will be told I can't conceive. I guess I just need words of encouragement from some other ladies who know how I feel. Thanks for reading and if anyone has any info or suggestions for me on what to say to the dr please reply.

Anon_227690 responded:
You are not alone. I only have about 3 periods a year. Do not be afraid of what your Dr. might tell you. Go in there with questions, and don't leave without the answers. There may be something wrong, but it may just be as simple as you are not ovulating. But going to see the Dr. is the first step. My Dr. had to put me on a pill to make me start my period, then I am having to take a pill to ovulate. You and your Dr. will come up with a plan that is right for you. Just don't stress out about it, that will only make it worse. Good Luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi ya'll! I'm Tanishia from South Louisiana. I have one daughter Lilya Jo born on Dec.2, 2006 from a previous relationship. My husband Bra...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.