Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Just curious....
    mslewis40 posted:
    Has anyone hear or know of the chances of pregnancy after having laparoscopy (if any)?

jenkoelenko responded:
    what type of laparoscopy was it?

mslewis40 replied to jenkoelenko's response:
    Well my doc wanted to rule out my tubes being blocked. They weren't....thank God. But he did find that I had endometriosis in its early stage. He said he got all of it out. He told me that my husband & I will have a 6-12 month window of possibly concieving.

jenkoelenko replied to mslewis40's response:
    That's great that your tubes are clear! If he burned off the endometriosis that he found and didn't put you on lupron depo, your chances are fairly good. There are many women, especially with a mild case of endo, that have concieved a few months after having a lap. Depending on how long you've been TTC, I would suggest talking with your dr about fertility meds. Those, combined with the lap, can greatly increase your chances. Let us know how things are going! Good luck and buckets of baby dust!

mslewis40 replied to jenkoelenko's response:
    Ok, I surely will ask him. Out of curiosity, what fertility meds do you have in mind?

Thank you so much!

jenkoelenko replied to mslewis40's response:
    I've been taking Clomid, the side effects aren't too bad I will warn you, though, hot flashes galore!! But worth it

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Catie and my husband (Dan) and I have been trying to get pregnant since 3/2008, It's been a crazy ride, some good, some bad, I'...More

Helpful Tips

Three Chinese food therapies for hydrosalpinx patients
    Chinese food therapy (also known as dietary therapy and nutrition therapy) is not only effective in health maintenance, but also ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.