Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How do you cope?
Anon_1060 posted:
My DH and I have been try for 3 going on 4 years of trying to conceive. We know what's wrong. He has major sperm issues; very low count, morphology problems and mobility problems. We have a less than .1% chance of conceiving naturally but can not afford any further treatment or more invasive procedures. We have been told that our only hope is to do invitro, but at over $10,000 per round we just can not afford that. So every month we chart, do the baby dance and then hope and pray. So far nothing, we are considering giving up, especially since we are approaching the 4 year mark of doing this. It has taken a toll on both our physical and mental health, we just can't keep doing this. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is in the same boat? And if there is, how do you cope knowing that you are very unlikely to conceive naturally? And advice or tips or in-put would be great. Thanks.

Anon_2996 responded:
I'm really sorry you guys are having such a hard time. You might want to check out the male factor infertility board. The folks there will have good info for you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi ya'll! I'm Tanishia from South Louisiana. I have one daughter Lilya Jo born on Dec.2, 2006 from a previous relationship. My husband Bra...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.