Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cervical Fluid and ovulation
Sandpiper18 posted:
I am still trying to pinpoint my most fertile days. I noticed that my cervical fluid was floating in the toilet when I went to the bathroom today. My BD and I last did it on Thursday (two days ago). Will I ovulate today? Or am i going to ovulate tomorrow? Did I already ovulate?

Hopeto responded:
To my knowledge it means you are close to ovulation. With me it comes at the same time as my LH urine ovulation test i positive, and ovulation happens a day or so after. Good luck!

jon3brn responded:
the best ovulation predictor is ovulation kits. you can get a bunch of them from amazon.com and you can test as many times as you want. I tried tracking my ovulation through cervical fluid and cervical position. If you are not real sure what you should be seeing or feeling, it can get pretty difficult.

But another way to find out of you ovulated is to get your blood drawn to chart your E2(estradiol) which helps the body prepare the follicles for ovulation and then progesterone tells if you did in fact ovulate. Hope some of this helps
Me(28) and DH(28), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan and Feb 2012 cancelled cycles due to cysts, Mar. cycle IUIs 3/2-3/3, testing 3/17

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley and I am 22 years old. I married a wonderful man on October 27, 2007. His name is Joseph and he is 23. We were high school sweet hea...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.