Skip to content
Trying for 9 years, No Pregnancy! Help
kwilliams0505 posted:
My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 Years, and have NEVER used any contraceptive. I have never been pregnant. I am currently 26 and he is 35. When he was a teenager he had two hernia's removed, and a few years later realized he wasn't getting his now ex-girlfriend pregnant. I may be having some trouble myself seeing as I have never had a normal period. I have been up to 6 months late on my periods. In the last 4 months they have been on time, but are very light. I am trying to figure out where I should go to have his sperm tested for starters. I am going to try to go see my Doctor before too long and see what I can do for myself. I am trying to do this the cheapest way possible because I can not afford IVF or anything like that. So it would be helpful to know where I would go to have sperm tested? Would a normal doctors office do it?
deliela999 responded:
My OBGYN wrote the order for my husband's semen analysis and directed us to the lab at the hospital. I had to call and ask for the results because when the hospital sent them they didn't get matched up with my chart. There are lots of options before IVF, but that will depend on what they find with both of you. My OBGYN handled all the testing before he sent me on to an RE (reproductive endocrinologist- fertility specialist). I was surprised the RE didn't order any additional testing, so my OBGYN must have done a thorough job.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello Everyone, Here is a little of my story. I am 25 and have been married to my husband who is 36, for over a year now. We have no children toget...More

Helpful Tips

Copied from 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.