Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Very Frustrated and Hopeless
An_241766 posted:
My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant since January 2011. My wife is 31 and I'm 33. My semen analysis results were normal. My wife's Day 3 bloodwork results were normal. Her OB found nothing wrong during a physical exam of my wife. Our next step is the HSG (which will probably find nothing wrong) and Clomid for 3 cycles. I don't understand how Clomid can help when the OB told us that my wife is already ovulating each month? I'd rather go to a Reproductive Endoronologist but my wife's OB won't refer us until we try the Clomid for 3 months. Have any of you been in this situation?

ballerinagirl79 responded:
We haven't been in that specific situation, but I can tell you how Clomid seemed to help me this month. During my mid-cycle ultrasound last month on a "natural cycle" (i.e. no medications), I showed signs of ovulation, but with probably just one egg. This month, after taking the low dose of Clomid (50 mg/day for 5 days) I had 2-3 good candidates for eggs, thus it helped stimulate my ovaries more (what it's supposed to do - and could help you guys by allowing for more eggs to be ready to receive your swimmers). I also received a "trigger" shot, which tells my body it's time to ovulate, which can help with timing of intercourse or other procedures (like ICI or IUI). I would say if you feel frustrated, look to see if there are any fertility management groups available that could work with the two of you and your doctor. Wishing you two lots of luck and baby dust. Just keep your heads up!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Trying to conceive our first since Oct 08, We got great news in May 09 only to have a find out we had a missed M/C in June at 10wks. We went for the U...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.