Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Very Frustrated
An_241766 posted:
My wife and I have been trying since January 2011. She's been off birth control since July 2010. We are both getting very frustrated as her OB has found nothing wrong yet. Her next step is the HSG which I doubt will find nothing wrong (she has no STDs or PID). My semen analysis results were normal and her day 3 bloodwork results were normal. Her OB will prescribe Clomid next, but I'm not hopeful that will help since the OB told us she is ovulating normally. Is there any way we can bypass the Clomid? I just want to get a referral to a fertility clinic. I'm sick of trying!

Anon_135573 responded:
My boyfriend and I tried for 1.5 years before I got pregnant. Unfortunately the pregnancy was not viable, but I have now gotten a positive pregnancy test again 2.5 months after the MC. The doctor said that some times it just takes time before it "sticks"..

We were both tested before this, and everything was normal. I asked if I should take clomid, but the doctor said this would make no difference since I am ovulating normally. I do not understand why this should be different for your wife. Wish you both the best of luck.

spartyfanva replied to Anon_135573's response:
Thanks. Congrats to you. I agree...I don't think the Clomid will make a difference. It seems like the docs have different viewpoints on the effectiveness of Clomid for women that ovulate normally.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm 28 yrs old and me and my husband have been TTC for a year and half now. We have one beautiful daughter that just turned 4 yrs old. I have ...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.