Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lost :(
TTC_1979 posted:
HI ladies - I've been poking around in forums reading everyone's stories but haven't posted before.

I'm 32, hubby is 37. We have been TTC for well over a year now. My annual check up was last month and my DR wanted to me to have bloodwork done on day 3 of next cycle so I did last week. Today I went in to get the results. She said everything came back normal for my hormone test but wants to start me on Clomid next month. My hubby is traveling so it was just me and I didn't ask the right questions so I'm hoping you can help.

If she said my hormone test came back normal, does that mean I o'd? She said we will try Clomid for 3 months then have an xray of the f. tube and get a semen test. So I'm just confused if I've been o'ing all this time, why are we even doing the Clomid? Shouldn't we jump to the xray and semen test?

deliela999 responded:
Day 3 labs won't show if you ovulated. Day 21 labs indicate if it was likely, but are still not definite. My day 3 labs were fine, but I wasn't ovulating. Is your doctor planning to do day 21 labs with the clomid? It's important to know if you o'd to adjust the dose next cycle if you didn't. Good luck! Clomid works for a lot of women. It didn't work for me and I had to move to injections, but got my BFP first cycle with injections.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (22) Husband (24) TTC for 18 months now. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, on Metformin since August. Praying for a miracle!

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.