Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ttc with no success
jaysmommy05 posted:
my husband and i already have two kids together, but we've been working on a third one-a girl hopefully. for some reason evey month there is always a let down when my period comes on and we don't understand exactly. with both of our boys each time i was dieting using diet pills, within two months afterwards i'm pregnant , but this time i'm ttc without using them. can someone please if they can explain to me why the only time i can get pregnant is when i'm on some diet pill it's ridiculous to me.

An_241766 responded:
When I see people on this board that already have 2 (or more)kids, I think it's ridiculous. A lot of people have been trying for years to have their first. My wife and I have been trying for 17 months for our first. Be thankful for what you have!

Anon_82195 replied to An_241766's response:
Don't be rude to her! She deserves the same respect everyone else here should be getting. You don't know her or her story.. so don't be judgemental. Just because she has two kids and you have no kids doesn't mean that you deserve more sympathy.

An_241766 replied to Anon_82195's response:
I respectfully disagree. Her situation isn't even close to as severe as mine (or others struggling for their first). She doesn't even have secondary infertility as she's been able to have 2 kids. It's really self-serving on her part to complain and she needs to put things into perspective.

This is a board where everyone can come regardless of whatever is going on in their life. You are being disrespectful by even implying that your problems are any more serious than hers. Any amount of time to a woman (or man) ttc without success is "severe". Like I said, you don't know her story. Just because she has two kids already doesn't mean that she isn't facing infertility. I honestly think it's very selfish on your part that you are even acting the way you are. You don't know her.. or me or anyone else on this board for that matter.. but don't come on here pointing fingers. Because I can guarantee a lot of women on here would not appreciate it.

This is a board where everyone can come regardless of whatever is going on in their life. You are being disrespectful by even implying that your problems are any more serious than hers. Any amount of time to a woman (or man) ttc without success is "severe". Like I said, you don't know her story. Just because she has two kids already doesn't mean that she isn't facing infertility. I honestly think it's very selfish on your part that you are even acting the way you are. You don't know her.. or me or anyone else on this board for that matter.. but don't come on here pointing fingers. Because I can guarantee a lot of women on here would not appreciate it.

An_241766 replied to Anon_82195's response:
So, you are basically saying that if a couple has been trying for 2 months, then that is severe? Most people and doctors would disagree with that. I'm not being selfish at all. I'm trying to put things in perspective for her. Most people on this board have been dealing with the pain and suffering (for a long time) of primary infertility. She has two children and her post is very ignorant. My problem is much more serious as I'm not sure if my wife and I will be able to have children.

ksteinmetz11 replied to An_241766's response:
I think it is rude and I myself have had 2 children from a previous relationship. My current husband and I have been TTC for a year and a half. With no luck. Found out I have PCOS and treating that along with Clomid and still not ovulating. Regardless if someone already has children, it is still a very depressing situation when something is going wrong with conception.

Hopeful4Miracle replied to An_241766's response:
In a way I agree with you, when I saw this group I thought I can come on here and not see people who already had kids complaining about not being able to have more. DH and I are at a point in our TTC journey that it does irritate me a little to know that someone is on here complaining about not being able to conceive a third when it's been 2 years and 2 MC's and heart break after heart break for us and I am sure a lot of other people on here. People need to understand that yes it is frustrating for us to read that someone is complaining about not conceiving a third, but I also see where we have to try to understand them in their struggles. Also they need to understand how their complaints could offend or irritate our very sensitive selves in this roller coaster of a journey. If I just had 1 I would be so grateful and feel sooooo very blessed.

Peterson_C_1989 replied to An_241766's response:
My DH and I have been TTC for 2 years and 3 mos to no avail I have PCOS, Endometriosis and only one ovary. Everytime I see or hear somebody who already has a child and complains about trying to have another I get really irritated. I know it's hard to try over and over again and have problems and every month AF comes you get really upset. I just want to say atleast you have one (or more) I would kill to just have ONE. When I was younger I wanted a big family but once I found out I had a huge tumor from my left ovary to my liver I was scared I couldn't even have one and would appreciate it if I could. I'm not saying it isn't hard for those who have one (or more) and I'm not trying to be mean but be glad that you have one already. Again it's hard going through the infertilty process but atleast you can look around your house and remember the feet pattering on the floor and seeing the proof of children in your house while those of us who don't have one yet look around our houses and wish for that/

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone! I'm Michelle. DH (31) and I (26) have been TTC #1 since 2/2009. You spend so much time trying not to get pregnant, but when you ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.