Skip to content
TTC for 3 1/2 years
hunneybee24 posted:
Hi everyone! I have been TTC for 3 1/2 years now. I have kind of given up and havent' got on any of these boards much in the last couple years. I have went to the infertilty doctor. My hsg came back normal. Along with my fsh, lh, and thyroid. My husbands sperm is normal. So, so far Im unexplained infertility. My insurance does not cover infertility, which has kept me delayed from progressing to the next step. Next would be injections, (which will cost 2k a cycle) I want to try taking clomid again. Do you think that could help? its much less $$ and I have only taken 50 mg for 3 months before. Do you have any tips for getting pregnant, since they haven't found anything? Would my doctor let me try clomid again, before doing 2k a cycle? also, do you think it would be worthwhile to go ahead and go with the INVITRO instead of messing with injections? I think the chances with invitro are better than taking injectable medications. Please help, Im tired of this

deliela999 responded:
Have you seen an RE to discuss your options? There are certainly higher doses of clomid you could try. A lot of women that don't have success with clomid have success with femara. My tests were all normal but I wasn't ovulating properly. Clomid didn't work so I was passed on to an RE and injections. That worked for me on the first cycle! I will suggest calling every pharmacy you can find to price the injections. I was shocked at how much variation there was. My RE's office gave me a list of pharmacies to call and I found others on my own. I was able to get the total cycle including doctor's fees to just under $1000. I was really struggling with the idea of IVF. As disappointing as every cycle is I couldn't imagine the disappointment if we saved for a year to do a cycle and it failed, then would have to save another year to try again. Good luck!

hunneybee24 replied to deliela999's response:
Ok thank you thats good to know! What is the difference between femara and clomid? Did you use ovulation tests or check your temps? Im just wondering, since I seem to be ovulating...Im wondering if I really am. Thanks for the tip on shopping around for the cheapest injections. I wouldn't have ever thought there to be much of a difference. That would really help. I called the doctor today, but I was at work when they called back and missed their call. Hopefully when i call them in the morning they will say they are letting me use the clomid. Thanks for your help!

deliela999 replied to hunneybee24's response:
I don't know tons about it, but femara tends to have less side effects including it doesn't thin the lining or mess with CM. On the infertility treatment board it sounds like most RE's don't use clomid anymore because they have better results with femara and you've usually tried clomid before you see them. Maybe they could do a follicle scan close to the time of ovulation to see if you're growing good follicles? This last cycle, my first with the RE and this whole protocol I went as soon as AF started for an ultrasound to check for cysts (would have stopped everything), then they gave me very specific details on taking the meds, then I went back after the femara and gonal-f were finished for another u/s to look at the follicles. Since I had 2 good follicles and matching blood test they called me later that day and told me to take my trigger shot, then BD that night and every other night for a week. I had used OPK's for months, but with such specific instructions and monitoring my RE suggested I not do them since they weren't necessary and probably just add stress.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been happily married for two years to a loving and very supporting husband. We enjoy being with family and travelling to new places. We both lo...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.