Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

about to give up
    Anon_59335 posted:
    My Story: I have one 8 year old son. For the last four years we have been trying to have another baby. I had a miscarriage in 2008 and again in 2010. I recently went and had a lot of test done to see if there was anything wrong and all the tests came back negitive. My husband was also tested and also ccame back negitive. I will be 40 next year and am at the end of my rope. I'm almost ready to just give up. My obg just told me to call her as soon as I find out that I am pregnant. What else should I do? She never mentioned giving me any drugs to help with fertility. Any advice?

thanks

juneie2371 responded:
    I'm in the same boat. I have a 6 1/2 year old who has asked Santa for a baby for 2 years now. I have been trying for 4 1/2 years and no luck. I too had all the test and even tried Clomid.
    I turned 41 last week and can't get past being 6 days late. My sisters are telling me that I'm getting to old and just enjoy my son. I do love and enjoy him, but I feel that someone is missing in my life. I tried the pill for 3 days but I cried each day and got very sick. So I stop taking the pill. Now I keep trying and not tell my sisters who think I'm crazy. I feel your pain and there is no one who can tell you what to do. When you are ready to give up be prepared for the grieving process. For you are going to grieve the loss of a child that will not come. I thought I was there, but when I cried taking the pill and then getting sick over taking it. It was a small sign to me. My husband said if we can't get pregnant that's fine, and if we get pregnant later that will be fine too. Who knows I might start again in a few months. I'm not ready to say good bye to another baby yet. Good Luck with your decision and remember its your choice to decide when to say enough.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I never thought I would be here, it all seems to surreal! Is this really true? We have been trying to have a baby for two years. We saw a OBGYN i...More

Helpful Tips

Three Chinese food therapies for hydrosalpinx patients
    Chinese food therapy (also known as dietary therapy and nutrition therapy) is not only effective in health maintenance, but also ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.