Skip to content
IUI reassurance
amyjae2 posted:
My husband and I have been trying for 3 years to have a baby. We found out that although his sperm count is a little low, there was no clear reasoning behind us not getting pregnant. As far as my tests went, I dont have any blockages, my bloodwork was perfect and my uterus is a fine enviornment. My husband is on the low end of normal with his count and he even went on Clomid with no success in raising it.
We decided to seek ferility care and they suggested IUI treatments. I had my first treatment last month and it seemed as though everything went perfect. I had a good amount of mature follicles, the prog levels were high without needing the crinone gel and I was doing everything I was supposed to do. They did the blood pregnancy test and it came back negative. My whole world crashed in a matter of minutes.
I am going for my second round as soon as I get my period (days away) but having scary thoughts as to the success rates of this. Not only does my insurance not cover anything, but we had to take out a loan for these procedures. Does anyone have any words of advice on going another round? Do my chances really increase and why? How can my husband increase any of his sperm count?

baby1 responded:
any luck with the IUI?

amyjae2 replied to baby1's response:
No. We had another failed round. Now we are trying to save money in order to afford IVF.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone! I am new to this site so please bear with me. I am 32yrs old and my husband is 33yrs old. He has two daughters from a previous relatio...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.