Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

IUI reassurance
    amyjae2 posted:
    My husband and I have been trying for 3 years to have a baby. We found out that although his sperm count is a little low, there was no clear reasoning behind us not getting pregnant. As far as my tests went, I dont have any blockages, my bloodwork was perfect and my uterus is a fine enviornment. My husband is on the low end of normal with his count and he even went on Clomid with no success in raising it.
    We decided to seek ferility care and they suggested IUI treatments. I had my first treatment last month and it seemed as though everything went perfect. I had a good amount of mature follicles, the prog levels were high without needing the crinone gel and I was doing everything I was supposed to do. They did the blood pregnancy test and it came back negative. My whole world crashed in a matter of minutes.
    I am going for my second round as soon as I get my period (days away) but having scary thoughts as to the success rates of this. Not only does my insurance not cover anything, but we had to take out a loan for these procedures. Does anyone have any words of advice on going another round? Do my chances really increase and why? How can my husband increase any of his sperm count?

baby1 responded:
    any luck with the IUI?

amyjae2 replied to baby1's response:
    No. We had another failed round. Now we are trying to save money in order to afford IVF.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am still trying with my husband who fathered my child seven years ago but still cannot concieve. I'm not quite sure how to proceed i'm only...More

Helpful Tips

What treatment women who have hydrosalpinx want to get pregnant should accept?
    "My wife is having hydrosalpinx that has been difficult for her to get pregnant" is a question that left as an offline message. Before ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.