Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Abnormal sperm
An_247654 posted:
Hello, my husband and I have been off birth control for three years. Nothing ever occurred pregnancy wise so I went to a gyn, who told me it was my fault since I have irregular periods. I became very depressed after I was told this two years ago but when we got better insurance I sought out a new gyn. Her first advice was to check my husband. We got the results back yesterday stating that he only has 1 in 100 sperm that are normal. I have tried to research more about this but it would help if someone out there with similar issues would give me some advice. I know their are contributing factors (right?) and am trying to figure out what they are. We are still young (25) but I'd like to get this solved. My husband and I also have smoked marijuana. (I don't want to hear your lectures or opinions about that so don't bother... There are worse things to do be doing and I am smart enough to still have a job and success so hush). I've informed him several times that this could cause problems with contraception. Has anyone else encountered this as well?

baby1 responded:
hi,
i recently saw a fertility doctor and he mentioned pot causes infertility in men. maybe he should try to stop smoking for a little while and keep trying.
goodluck

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Challis, I am 21 years old and DH is 28, we have been TTC for 1 year. Some people may think/say I am too young to have children and that I ...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.