Abnormal sperm
An_247654 posted:
Hello, my husband and I have been off birth control for three years. Nothing ever occurred pregnancy wise so I went to a gyn, who told me it was my fault since I have irregular periods. I became very depressed after I was told this two years ago but when we got better insurance I sought out a new gyn. Her first advice was to check my husband. We got the results back yesterday stating that he only has 1 in 100 sperm that are normal. I have tried to research more about this but it would help if someone out there with similar issues would give me some advice. I know their are contributing factors (right?) and am trying to figure out what they are. We are still young (25) but I'd like to get this solved. My husband and I also have smoked marijuana. (I don't want to hear your lectures or opinions about that so don't bother... There are worse things to do be doing and I am smart enough to still have a job and success so hush). I've informed him several times that this could cause problems with contraception. Has anyone else encountered this as well?

baby1 responded:
hi,
i recently saw a fertility doctor and he mentioned pot causes infertility in men. maybe he should try to stop smoking for a little while and keep trying.
goodluck