Skip to content
Ready to give up...
Jackienalen posted:
We've been TTC #1 for over 5 years. Have done many cycles of metformin/clomid, letrizole/ovidrel and other meds too. I was told my next step will be IVF, unfortuanetly I don't think we can afford this process... and honestly I'm not sure how much more disappointment I can take. (especially with such a hefty price tag)

Is 5 years enough time to say we really tried? I'm so over this whole emotional rollercoaster. Month after month of disappointments have taken a major toll on my body and mind. I know my husband will support me no matter what I choose, but I'm torn between wanting to throw in the towel and wanting to have a baby.
:) Jackie (30)TTC 1 since 06/08 - possible PCOS, 1st round Clomid 100mg (04/11) - DH (34)SA Normal - 3 Fur babies: Adonnis

Anon_164958 responded:
I know how you feel. My husband and I have been trying everything under the sun (or so it seems), but will not go as far as IVF. Our insurance doesn't cover it & we figured we had to set some limits or else this would take over our whole lives. I have wanted to give up more times than I could possibly count, and every month that AF shows up again is like another nail in the proverbial coffin. Yet something keeps me going back, month after month. I know it's frustrating and upsetting, but ultimately only you and your husband will know when you are truly able to walk away. As far as 5 years being enough time to say you really tried, I think it's admirable and give you all the credit in the world. Nobody can say you didn't give it your all, and if they do, well it's none of their business anyway. I hope you find some peace with whatever you decide!

consuella responded:
Appreciation to chief oduwa legba for the great help for making me pregnant today after 4years of barrenness and all the insult from my husbands family for not able to conceive and have a child for my lovely husband,i thought all hope was lost until i saw how a woman testify from Canada how chief oduwa legba help her get pregnant naturally with the contact email and i contact him for the same help.after chief oduwa legba help i got pregnant 31days later as he said that i will conceive after 31days exactly 31days i got pregnant and am here to testify and give him the glory for the great help and assistant he has rendered to my life,contact him via on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (26) DH (34) - TTC #1 since 8/2005. Started Metformin 3x a day 2/2010. DH has good count but not the right amount of "normal" guys. Prayi...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.